Thursday, December 17, 2015

Saying Goodbye




Not too long ago my parents signed papers to sell my childhood home. Though I knew this would happen someday, I could never fully prepare for the flood of emotions that would come with the news. I knew I wanted to go home and say goodbye. Apparently, I'm the sentimental one of all my siblings because no one else cared about being there. Ha! I was also the only one who cried about it. Haha! I really just love all the memories I have there. Also, over the last few years it's been fun taking my own children there. 

The kids and I made a last minute trip so I could be there one more time. Our first morning there was a chilly one, but we bundled up and went on a walk. I loved soaking up the fresh country air, and thinking of memories all along the walk. 



 We did a lot of packing the first few days we were there. Addyson had fun climbing in the empty cupboards. I just love the smile on her face! I can't get enough of it! 

One of the first emotional things that happened was the loading of the dining room table. First of all, I've never seen the table as small as it is in the picture (below). We've always had the leaves in it, so having them taken out was weird. This table has so many memories. I'm glad my parents were able to keep it. There are marks all over this table. Thanksgiving dinner was always set on this table. Scratches are on it from playing the game Spoons. When the lights would go out we would set up lanterns on it and play card games. We would have our sports teams over for ice cream and bread sticks (weird combination, I know) and sit around the table having a blast. There's a big burn mark in the middle of it from when my Mom caught it on fire. Haha! There are just so many memories in this ONE table. It was really sad for me to see it leaving the house. 

There are just too many memories to talk about. Each room has its own set of memories. I'm glad I can look back at my memories and have most of them all be happy ones. I rarely think of memories that are not happy. Not all memories are of the house either, the farm has many as well. Being raised on a farm was wonderful! There was so much to explore and so much to do. I think about all the life lessons I learned here. I learned to work hard, to play hard, to serve others, to make messes, to clean, to enjoy family, and to love. I really think I had the perfect childhood. 

 We also got to go visit Grammie, Papa John and Uncle Jake. We always have so much fun seeing all of our family while we visit. We love making memories! 

Rhett had so much fun riding with Taylar on the quad at Uncle Eugene's house. This will continue to be a favorite activity we do when we go to WA to visit. 

Rhett just loves his cousins! When he had to get off the quad and wait for his next turn, Dru jumped up to chat with him. I love seeing my kids spend time with cousins!    




We made sure to get a picture with all the cousins that were able to come. 



 <----------------->
Just wanted to show that not all pictures go smoothly. Both kids decided to cry when I wanted to take a picture of us in front of the house. Haha!



But fortunately, a while later, we did get a good one of everyone being happy (or at least not crying)! :)

We were glad we got to go to lunch with Great Grandma. As you can see, the kids loved being able to hang out with her for a bit. 

After getting back to UT, the kids ran into Daddy's arms. They missed him so much and were so happy to see him! It was very evident that Addyson missed her Daddy! She snuggled him in the airport, while we waited for our luggage, for quite some time! She was so happy to be in her Daddy's arms! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment